How To Become Untouchable
These are some helpful tips for your adventuring on the game.
- Complete the quests in order of least difficulty. Hopefully when players are trying
hard quests such as Glacier, they should have enough knowledge of the game to not get out
of their depth. Hopefully the player will then not die from fights and will be better able
to spot a death room.
- Use your time wisely with the Roguestuff. It is limited to low level players and
it is during these levels that a player should explore TerraFirmA more.
- Try zones with other players if you are unsure what they are about, but DON'T let or ask
other people to show you parts of quests they have already done, as this is cheating and
subject to punishment.
- Bring plenty of food into areas that you are unsure of or expect trouble. That way you
will not lose strength to zero. Also make sure your wimpy (CHANGE WIMPY ME <VALUE>)
is not dangerously low.
- Do not rely on the autoflee always. Sometimes you can autoflee into a deathroom, so make
sure you try to FLEE in a specific direction.
- Do not set off into an unknown area when your strength is low. It is usually best to
sleep or sit before continuing on.
- Avoid using the "where" command too much and be careful of eating
bad food. These can seriously drain a player's strength.
- Make use of the Storekeepers' and Smiths' ability to mend damaged armour.
- Set the colour flag off and "brief" on if you want to get to items quicker than others
after a reset. Colour can make a player lag a bit and brief is good to have if you are
familiar with the route.
- Set the colour flag on and brief off when you are exploring. Clues will be in the room
description and colour might indicate a clue to follow.
- If you are carrying extra equipment in an unknown area, you might want to store
some in a place which you can find later in case you hit a deathroom and end up with
- Make much use of the Bards by buying hints (read INFO HINTS and INFO
HINTNUM in the game).